Tuesday 17 April 2012

Our Woman In India

Evening,

I just thought I would send a quick update.. Bed is calling, so I shall be brief and get more to you tomorrow.

After a very VERY long flight (made even longer by the snoring man next to me and the screaming child in front) I arrived safely... having got off the plane in a fleece hoody, I didn't feel at all prepared for the 34 degrees waiting for me (bearing in mind it was 6 degrees when I left the UK on Sunday) However, I'm yet to keel over so I would say it's been successful so far!

The drive from the airport to Karur was certainly an eye opener, I'm fairly sure you wouldn't be able to survive driving here without a fully functioning, and very loud, horn. There doesn't seem to be any rules of the road, with motorbikes, cyclists, cars, trucks and the odd cow flying in all directions.



Having arrived at our suppliers I managaed to do a little bit of work, looking at the new hellibore cushion and possibly a new version of a bird cushion (images to follow). I had a lovely tour round the factory by Sowbi, who took me up on the roof, where Susie shot the beginning of the textile film. It's really nice to be able to put it in context.

Anyway, I'm super tired so I'm heading off to bed now in preparation for a full day tomorrow.

Speak soon,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment